Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Driven by irrational exuberance.
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying get ideas of places in the Northwest I can fly in to and find trout, steelhead or bass within walking distance. Preferably with camping on the field, and, unfortunately I have to land on wheels. Some ideas I had were Stehekin for trout in the Stehekin River, Methow Valley or Twisp for steelhead, Plains, MT to fish the Clark Fork (probably not Mineral, that strip looks boxed in), and Chiloquin State just north of Upper Klamath.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
228 Posts
There is a strip up on one of the tributaries to Kelly creek in Idaho. I forget the name of the creek. It's a reel pain to drive to it. The westslope cuts up there grow to some nice sizes. I've seen people camp up there before.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Im fairly certain they deemed that strip forest service only though?? I remember talking to a ranger at kelly forks work center about it one day and he mentioned it was forest service only?? I may be wrong but thats what I remember?? At the time I didnt care but now that I have the option of flying in I wish I would have paid more attention to his info :hmmm ??\

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
54 Posts
The creek near Kelly creek is Cayuse creek. It has an excellent strip on it. Contact the Ferdinand Ranger District @208-664-2318 to inquire about it's availability. Another strip in the same beautiful area is in MaGee Flats - up stream from the North Fork of the Couer' D lane (spelling )?
JK

·
Registered
407 Posts
Also a strip on the Selway river, don't know anything about it cept a buddy used to fly in there and fish almost every year. He is no longer a buddy as he never invited me, bear that in mind the next time you guys plan a trip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.