Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
It's all about the sauce.....
551 Posts
Bob, I don't know of anything near you, but there was/is a fishing shop behind the Holiday Market at the end of HWY 20 at I-5, just across from the McDonanlds there. I believe all of the flies are tied in house. You may have better luck finding someone that lives in the Oak Harbor, Whidbey, Anacortes area to hook up with, perhaps for some beers. Another option is taking the ferry across to Port Townsend. There's a shop there, Port Townsend Angler Fly Shop. They have tying classes there.

http://www.ptangler.com/

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Bob,
If you are down in the Poulsbo area sometime, I could show you some basics. I'm not by any means a good tier but I can give you a good feel for what's required. What type of fish do you go for? How old are you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob,
If you are down in the Poulsbo area sometime, I could show you some basics. I'm not by any means a good tier but I can give you a good feel for what's required. What type of fish do you go for? How old are you?
Thanks I appreciate the offer. I don't make it out that way often at all but next time I do I'll get in touch with you. I'm 41 and recently retired from the Navy after 20 years. I live in Oak Harbor and I most fly fish for trout. I would love to expand to salmon and steelhead as well.

I'll see if I can get in touch with Randy. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Bob,
I'm a member of the Whidbey Fly Fishing Club. Our meetings are the second Wednesday of each month. (this week there is a meeting) Please consider attending. Meeting is at the Race Road firehouse. Travel south on 525 until you reach Race Rd. This is also a turn-off for the Keystone ferry to PT. Turn left on Race Rd. (From the north) and you'll see the station on the left.

The club is planning a beginner tying class this winter.

Randy Diefert lives near the touch and go field. His number is in the book. He is a great resource and teaches fly tying class. With luck, Randy will see this thread, but give him a call for more information. I took his rotary tying class last fall and really learned A LOT.

Send me a pm if you would like additional information on any of this. See you at a future Whidbey Fly Club meeting.

Jeff Dodd

BTW: We're bringing in Skip Morris for a Saturday fishing/tying class this fall. This wil be a great day of learning and it's free for club members. Saturday, 10/23/10 in Coupeville.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.