Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Ship it via ground. I've used UPS in the past. Get a prepaid return label and drop it off before you fly home.
EXACTLY!

If going to a 'family address' let them know ahead of time, if to a Hotel/Motel REALLY LET THEM know to expect a very large package!!!!! Done this many times, as have a shxt-pot of others; the KEY is letting the folks on the other end a 'box is coming.'

The address I'd suggest is: XYZ, c/o[/COLOR] the where-ever. With a heads-up, they're ready to go when 'the big box' hits the door step. Concerned about delivery? Insure same/sign here for receipt (with a signature that can be read!!!!)
fae

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
If you don't want to ship it, you should be able to check it, oars and all. Most airlines have a area for special checked items. People take their bikes and all sorts of stuff on the plane, a properly packed Watermaster would be a piece of cake.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
If you don't want to ship it, you should be able to check it, oars and all. Most airlines have a area for special checked items. People take their bikes and all sorts of stuff on the plane, a properly packed Watermaster would be a piece of cake.
I bet you're right. Folded up well, those things are pretty compact. You could stuff it in a suitcase and just pay the extra $25-$50 for an additional bag.

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Before you put the oars in the bag as extra checked baggage, get some short dowels to fit the female, upper ends of the oar halves. That keeps them from getting pinched or compressed out of shape as the duffle gets tossed around by the baggage gorillas.

Sg

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Air travel is no fun these days. Anything you can do to streamline your experience at Seatac (like shipping your WM) will be a major stress reducer. I don't remember what I paid to ship mine last time but it won't be any more than the $50 each way you'll pay the airline.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.