$135 shipped CONUS
Light Bicycle part Gas Auto part Metal
Microphone Audio equipment Gadget Peripheral Electronic device
Bumper Font Audio equipment Automotive exterior Metal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Figure I'll give this vise a morning bump.

I've got one of these and I love it. Use it as my travelling vise. Nothing fancy. Nothing finicky. Nothing wimpy. It's got one adjustment that stays adjusted. Chuck in a hook and it stays put.

Non-true-rotary vises get no love. But I've found that the simplicity of this vise outweighs the utility of a rotary vise 90% of the time. 100% when I'm tying in a tent or a motel room.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the bump Ken! You're right, there's nothing wimpy about it. It is a very well built vise. Price lowered going into the weekend = $125 shipped CONUS.

·
Registered
60 Posts
An awesome vise. If you loosen the screws you can adjust the head an the jaws will rotate. Not quite like a rotary but you can still flip your fly around without taking it out of the vise. A bit of 120 sand paper slid through the jaws from time to keep it grabbing the hook is east to do. I keep mine around as a travel vise. My main vise is a fancier Rotating modal Dyna. I had then both for years. I ground the jaws on my kingfisher a bit on the bottom for 18 and smaller. Works great. The jaws are interchangeable with my other Dyna. Who ever buys it can’t go wrong. Mine has seen hundreds or more hooks and is still going strong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.