Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be old---but I'm good.

Hey Chris. Why are half of my fonts small and the other half big. Is it my computer or is it this site. Or maybe my eyes are only half open. :DUNNO Jim

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Sorry, fell asleep last night in the middle of toying with the fonts. If you guys are taking to adjustments on your end to compensate for the smaller fonts, then that'll pretty much answer the question I was going to ask of whether it's too small or not. My intent was to limit the amount of scrolling needed when reading longer threads. The cost is too high if you can't read it though. Duh.

I've changed it back. Thanks for the feedback.

Some of the threads will still have small fonts until they are updated, or until tonight when I shutdown the forum and update it. Which ever comes first.

Chris

G

·
Speaking for us old guys, please leave the fonts large. Late last night I went online several times to read the new posts but gave up on the smaller fonts - way too hard for these old eyes to read (and I have a very good 19" monitor, flicker free). One of those don't fix what ain't broke scenerios... :pROFESSOR

Thanks for seeing it as we see it, Chris, and returning to what has worked well. :HAPPY

stumpfisher

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be old---but I'm good.

I can still read it with my glasses off. And you know how well I do with them off. Thanks for going back to the way it was. And now if I could just type. Jim :THUMBSUP

G

·
The front page has always been one of the site's format strengths and I would hate to mess with its clean compositional/component style. I do have several questions on it, though:

Why all the grey area to the sides? Is it a browser "frame" issue? An acknowledgement of the differing "resolutions" employed by the membership (i.e., monitor settings)? Lastly, would using this "real estate" affect the previously mentioned clean formatting style (probably too subjective to really answer)?

Bottom line for me, "I luvs ya the way ya are!"

stumpfisher

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
It's just the color I chose for outside of the main content area. The main content area is a static 700 pixel wide table and is distinquished by the bold black line around it's edges. It's static to, as you mentioned, retain the formatting style as closely as designed.

I'd expect with your 19" monitor your running 1024x768 resolution which in your case would make that grey area pretty large. For your information, 43% use 800X600 and 41% use 1024x768, on this site they do anyway. I chose 700 pixels wide to adjust for those that use search frames on the left of some browsers.

G

·
I cruised about eight "forums" that I have found, to some extent, interesting (only two of any consequential seriousness, this one and FlyTalk). I must state that this one has the best format design and is (always has been) my favorite - hey homeboy! And no knock on the gray color scheme, I have set this as my Window's default color (menus, toolbars and such).

I should admit that last night's font change did cause me some concern, like when the wife comes home with a new hair color - sure you CAN live with it but, do you really like it?

I am confident in the skipper's steerage...

stumpfisher

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.