Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Basically, all of the exits on I90 from North Bend to the Pass have river access points. Can't really help out with the "best" locations, your gonna have to get out and do some exploring. Snoq forks trout aren't too hard to find. Good luck

·
Just swimming around, chasing fish in Beervana
65 Posts
I was just up there (Middle Fork) for the first time earlier this week. Access wasn't too hard to find, I just opened up a book, did a google map search and headed out. Lots of fun with fish on nymphs, soft-hackles and dries. Gotta love those little dudes on a four weight in some fast water! Hope you found some fish!

·
aka Dave Hoover
1,348 Posts

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
RobGriz - Dehlan's advice about I-90 exits are for the South Fork only. The Middle Fork (longest and possibly the best of the forks) is accessed well north of I-90 off exit 34 which you'd take to Middle Fork Road shortly thereafter. My advice is to drive way up the road to find less-trammeled water. North Fork is accessed south of North Bend via a county road that has slightly trickier access due to private tree farm land on either side of the river. But you can get to the river and fish it easily.

Most important: Get a DeLorme Atlas book and you'll be ble to find access on all three forks of the river. That is my #1 most critical piece of fishing equipment (seriously). It has been my aid in finding new water for more than a decade in WA and for even longer in other states.

·
No longer here
4,034 Posts
On the matter of the Middle Fork, drive past the pullouts that have easy access to the river. Find a pullout where you can't see the river. If you can find a trail, follow it. If you don't see a trail, better yet. Do a little bushwhacking and you may very well find a nice private stretch of river that sees the least amount of fishing. Enjoy- it's beautiful up there and the little fish are gamers, with a chance of hooking into a 12 inch hog.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Finding access to these rivers is the fun of getting out there and exploring the areas. Nobody in their right mind is going to give out what they have aquired over the yeasrs that they have by doing just that.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finding access to these rivers is the fun of getting out there and exploring the areas. Nobody in their right mind is going to give out what they have aquired over the yeasrs that they have by doing just that.
Wasn't asking anyone to give out any trade secrets Old Man. Just trying to get to the river without tresspassing. Sorry I offended you. One thing more, if you ever asked me the best places to go fishing around Missoula or Ravalli or Granite counties I would not only tell you, if I came home on leave and we could hook up I would show you. But that's the difference between moving to Montana and BEING a Montanan.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.