Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
east coast transplant
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am going to be at a retreat at Fort Flagler for three days next week, and would love some advice for fishing there. I've searched the forums here and it seems to be a pretty well-known place (at least in the summer), but I couldn't find much info about the fishing during this time of year. Also, while I've fished off Seattle beaches for running salmon with some success, I've never gone after SRCs or Rezzies (aside from plenty of reading on this forum).

What kind of fish are going to be out there this time of year? What times of day/tides will be best to go after them? What flies will be most effective? Also, if anyone's been out there recently, I'd love to get a report...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions... I am really excited to chase SRCs and Rezzies for the first time and hope Fort Flagler will be a good place to start.

Rob

·
east coast transplant
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I've read a fair amount on here about SRCs/rezzies, so that's what I was planning for, but blackmouth could be a good option as well. I don't know much about blackmouth, unfortunately -- is it even possible to catch blackmouth from the shore? If so, what kind of flies/techniques are most effective?

Thanks,

Rob

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.