Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm guessing you want to stay on the island or at least not spend a lot of time driving. My guess would be you might expect to hit blackmouth off the beach at Marrowstone Light at the Fort. However, not many are showing up at Midchannel, so it would be a very long shot. Other options are hitting the spit of sand going out from the campground towards Rat Island. I'd fish it both sides, but that's kind of an unknown. There is the chance of small blackmouth there as well. Oak Bay to the south of the island has its share of residents at times. I've not been out this year, so I won't even guess if they're there now. You do have some opportunity for beach fishing on the south end of Marrowstone and Indian Island that might put you close to beach-crusing rezzies. Then there is always Government Cut between Indian Island and the mainland. There is no telling what might be there, but it can be good at times for SRC. But I'll remind you that I've not been on the water for a while, and these are only possibilities at best.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.