Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been watching this forum for a while. Have even made a comment to a few posts. It appears to me that there are a few of you that know each other well. They fish together, and some members at times seem to even get more personal than a good friend should be ( MacRowdy). However, it is in good fun and has been enjoyable to follow. I have learned a lot and I am sure that most members will agree that this forum is the best.

I am fairly new to flyfishing after a 25-30 year absence from any fishing. I have been traveling to different lakes, rivers and the salt. I haven't found an area that I would say is my favorite yet. I do try to talk to the other fishermen at these sites. I have yet to find anyone that has been unfriendly or unresponsive to my questions. Flyfishers are great.

As I talk to these people I always wonder if they are members of this forum. How do you identify a forum member or there rig when you are out in the world? Is there a secret handshake? Do they all pierce there nose or ear and hang a Wolley Bugger in it or what?

I think that there should be available a sticker (bumper/window) to identify you possibly with your forum name. Or a pin or hat but some way to identify other members. As I traveled I would stop if I saw a rig that I knew that it belonged to a fellow member.

What do you think? :DUNNO

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
How bout' we all get leather jackets that say on the back "WFF Warriors". Hehehe, just a thought.
Seriously, its sounds pretty cool, stickers and all. Not sure Chris has the dough to do all that. Maybe if we contributed some kind of $$ to make the initiative happen? Hats would be Really cool! If enough of us participate, it wouldn't be no problem making it happen.

"Follow Me and I will make you fishers of Men"
Matthew 4:19

·
Registered
383 Posts
I vote for a Oleander window sticker...what do you think BOBLAWLESS?

We'll have to consult with the FWP guys...there seems to be some confusion on sticker placement :CLOWN

We could also add a caption, "good fisherman here, go ticket the bad guys.."

:THUMBSUP

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
schmokin'reel!!!

lastcall, im on the same page, met a guy yesterday and wondered the samething. im pretty shy as it is, but the acknowledgement of being part of this great forum would definitely open the door to more of the members to meet others even outside of the waters we all share. im new also , and have yet to meet anyone. i usually fish alone because im the only one out of my friends who has the enormous amount of time to put into this life changing sport. haha. "cant wait for the stickers Chris" hint hint. do you tend bar?downtown? :CLOWN

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
I've been toying with the idea of stickers / patches / tattoo's. Even had a meeting with the crocodile hunter. Thought maybe he could help me by tracking, then pouncing on members, tagging them in the ear or fitting them with a radio transmitter for easier identification. My budget didn't allow that unfortunately.

Working on a new logo for the site. Stickers / patches / hats will follow.

~Chris

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

I think beenies with the propeller on them with the site name on them would be just the ticket :DEVIL .No that would be to tacky.

I think that baseball style hats with the site name on them with a trout or salmon would be quite the ticket and I for one would buy it. :THUMBSUP

Jim

·
previously micro brew
4,663 Posts
Old Man:

That's just because you already have a propeller beanie....

Bumper sticker, hat, etc. would be great. Sorry guys, not into tattoos.

OM - The EA WA trip was a bust. Caught a few, but nothing like we had hoped over a three day stay. They weren't hittin anything consistently. Real mixture - WB's (pink?), bead heads, blood worm and ?? The fish tended to be on the skinny side and most lacked any fight at all. Many small trout, even some tigers.

Off again next weekend, to another spot.

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
Micro,

What lakes did you hit in E. Wa? If they were secret lakes, then I won't pry. I'm just hoping to get a report on Nunnally or Lenice. I am thinking about Nunnally or Lenice this weekend. I was wondering if you hit any of these lakes on your trip?

I would be game for stickers or hats. Since I fish with a select group of guys we see a lot of people on the waters and it would be cool to see who is who.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Gotta have the Oleander window sticker. Bob, What does Oleander look like? Maybe you have a pic or some such simulation.

Of course there is always the old standby, comunicate here on the board and email descriptions of vehicles and meet somewhere.

It is always a blast to hook up with anyone on this board.

Matt

·
Be the guide...
5,183 Posts
I don't know - it's kinda like the 'Jesus\fish' sticker on cars. If I put it on, I'll feel obligated to act responsibly in public. I'd have to limit my double standards and hypocrosy. Before I bonked a native SRC or steelie, I'd have to look around to be sure no one saw me wearing my WFF hat... :EEK OK, totally kidding...

I think a hat would be great - but I'm pretty picky about the hats I wear. Don't like those farmer style baseball caps that ride so high...

Bumper stickers and hats would be cool!

·
previously micro brew
4,663 Posts
Jabseattle:

Didn't hit the Nunnally chain. Not a secret lake, anymore. When we meet, if it ever happens, I'll fill you in.
We didn't hear anything from others on the Nunnally group this trip. Heard Dry Falls fished well for some, not so well for others. Off to DF later this week for a couple of days. I'll let you know.
Let us know how Nunnally / Lenice fished.

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
A base ball cap? Get real, this is the northwest, a Seattle Sombrero would be far more fitting. But yes, I would want one too. And I think that we should some other stuff too. I usually dislike patches, but in this case it might be the best for me, as I always wear a vest, and can detest hats when it is hot.

And I won't be ashamed to bonk a fish, but I am going to hate casting around you guys if I can't live up to my name.

Rob
---------
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

·
jabs
1,138 Posts
Micro Brew,

I will give a report when I return from Nunnally/Lenice. A couple lakes call out when you say it's not a secret anymore, especially one with Tigers in it. If we ever get a chance to hook up we can share information. Good luck at Dry. :THUMBSUP

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
I guess if some of us are just to shy to walk up to a fellow fly angler and say hi? I would rather see a metal pin, stainless steel would be the best. That way you can wear your own hat, vest or whatever and still be identified. When you get new duds the pin can be switched. A window decal would be OK too if it were the same design as the pin.
Just my 2cents-worth.
LB

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
just remember, throw 'em back

i say we get some sort of window decal that has our online handle on it. that way it would be easy to identify who everyone is. a hat would be cool, i like the propeller beanie idea. stickers can be made easily and cheaply. you can buy a kit at a computer shop like circuit city or staples or whatever and create a sticker design and print it out on your home computer. i dont know about decals, just another suggestion.

-sean-

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why don't we have a fish and greet kind of thing, where we can meet everyone, catch some fish, and get pass out stickers, decals etc. How 'bout silver fishing on the Samish. I know its not the closest, but there are fresh fish that will hit your fly, and you dont need heavy gear. I fished it last week with my 5 wt. and had no problem with the 4-5 pounders. There is lots of back cast room, and there aren't as many people as there were during the majority of the king run. So, what do you think, it will have to be in the next week or so, lets go catch some fish!
-crump :THUMBSUP

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.