Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!

Anyone ever fish fox island? I know there is a park at the far end, but it seems that the dock would be too high for effective flyfishing. I'm i wrong? Also, how about fishing from shore by the "boat launch" on the fox island side of the bridge from gig harbor? I've never seen anyone fishing there but is that because no one has ever tried it or the fishing is poor?

thanks for your input!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm from Gig Harbor. Never seen FF at the launch. You might try Kopachuk State Park. Lots of beach. The record SRC was caught in Henderson Bay. The FI dock at the end of the Island is to high, although you may be able to get some beach access from there.

·
Registered
729 Posts
built a million dollar house in the fox island estates there last year in early summer and almost every morning there was herring just everywhere under the bridge and in the bay by the launch. have taken my boat fishing thru hale passage there on calm days and had good success.under the bridge would be a ideal spot for a fly and around it in the bay, but never had good success there, seen a buzz bomber get spooled thou. SOB

saltwater flyfishing in the northwest is a science as well as an art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.