Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Flaccid Member
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$275 obo 590-4 Sage Launch with Lamson Guru and 1 extra spool. cortland intermediate, rio type III full sink, and factory rod tube

the rod was bought in 2005 and has been fished accordingly, but aside from soiled cork and a few minor scratches it still casts and fishes the same as the day i bought it. and with sage warranty i could go slam it in a door and receive a shiny new rod in a matter of days. the reel is 2 years old, and really hasn't been used all that much, maybe 20 times? no saltwater with that reel. the inter. and sink are in great shape. just stretch before fishin! makes a world of difference.

SOLD 796-4 Sage RPL.

this rod is priceless to me and it seriously kills me to be posting it for sale. the blank says SAGE RPL but i believe this is merely a misprint and the rod was actually forged by Jesus in a small village in palestine sometime before the crucification. i bought this heirloom from HERL last summer and since its purchase this rod has brought some serious mojo my way. i refer to it as excalibur. all my most heroic moments of last summer/fall came by way of this masterpiece. this is not exaggeration. there is a reason people are so fond of these rods. that old school fast action is like watching a sunset.

i love these setups and i would love nothing more than to keep them. i always said i'd sell my nuts before i sold gear, but no one wants my nuts so out goes the gear. i've got some sudden and gnarly financial obligations to man up to, and i gotta unload the goods. FML

·
Registered
32 Posts
"the blank says SAGE RPL but i believe this is merely a misprint and the rod was actually forged by Jesus in a small village in palestine sometime before the crucification. i bought this heirloom from HERL last summer and since its purchase this rod has brought some serious mojo my way. i refer to it as excalibur. all my most heroic moments of last summer/fall came by way of this masterpiece. this is not exaggeration. there is a reason people are so fond of these rods. that old school fast action is like watching a sunset"

That sums up the RPL for me also, I have several 7 weights and seem to always reach for this one, the cork is torn up yet I am afraid to fix it for fear of removing the fish mojo. Outstanding stick, sorry that the circumstances force you to sell. If I were a millionare, I would send you $300 bucks just so you didnt have to sell this one.

LOVE the description by the way, had me chuckling and agreeing.

·
Flaccid Member
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"the blank says SAGE RPL but i believe this is merely a misprint and the rod was actually forged by Jesus in a small village in palestine sometime before the crucification. i bought this heirloom from HERL last summer and since its purchase this rod has brought some serious mojo my way. i refer to it as excalibur. all my most heroic moments of last summer/fall came by way of this masterpiece. this is not exaggeration. there is a reason people are so fond of these rods. that old school fast action is like watching a sunset"

That sums up the RPL for me also, I have several 7 weights and seem to always reach for this one, the cork is torn up yet I am afraid to fix it for fear of removing the fish mojo. Outstanding stick, sorry that the circumstances force you to sell. If I were a millionare, I would send you $300 bucks just so you didnt have to sell this one.

LOVE the description by the way, had me chuckling and agreeing.
glad somebody agrees. my biggest green lake carp of the summer (and probably most epic fishing moment ever), biggest summer steel, biggest salty coho, couple hundred pinks, and biggest SRC all fell under its magical spell. i'm working hard to not sell it, but at this point i'll be down to 2 rods. a 6 and an 8wt is much more practical than a 6 and a 7wt.

BUMP

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
RPL...
Say it ain't so!
Those old brown Sage sticks are magic. Somebody will be getting a great rod with that 796.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.