Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sage Z Axis 6110-4, that is a 6wt 11' switch rod. Fished many beach days last season so there area signs of use. The female ferrule of the 2nd section (down from tip) has an epoxy chip, not a chip in the blank, crack or anything else but an epoxy chip. I have the rod sock, but the tube and warranty card were stolen (along with another switch rod) from my rig last summer). I'm glad I was fishing the Z that day. New this rod retails for $715. Buy mine and get into the two handed line launching game at the beach or for nymping/swinging flies on smaller rivers for $400 OBO, shipping and paypal fees included. (Unless you live in some far off land, then we need to talk). I have my eyes on a couple things that moving this rod should address. Great rod, but it is sandwiched between two other fine tools that have been getting all the love lately. $400

Photos available when my camera battery charges. (Edit: Photos now attached 5/13)
No lines included but I'd recommend:
Beulah Elixir Switch 6/7 (two handed work)
Skagit short head 450 (heavy chucking of junk two handed work)
SA Sharkskin Steelhead Taper 8wt (more two handed work)
Airflo 40+ 8F and 8I (for the beach launching party)
Used my Vosseler S2, Orvis Battenkill LA IV and Galvan Torque 8 on this rod, each handling the lines and balancing the rod nicely IMHO

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Photos added. Thanks for looking. Nick, you are crazy. The rod does all the work, this angler is just in the way messing things up.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: The rod is still for sale. The rod was dropped off at Sage for that ferrule epoxy repair and for a replacement rod tube. I won't go lower than my $400 price. I won't weep if this fine fishing tool remains in my collection. The rod should be back in my hands later this week or early next week. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.