Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Ft Lauderdale next week for work, will have some free time but no car and staying at Hilton Marina. Any suggestions...can I surf fish w/o the chance of ripping a Natty Light out of a beach goers hand on my back cast? Public parks I could fish at near the marinas w/o getting arrested for getting too close to someone's mansion and 60' yacht? Canals that are close that I could walk to w/o the chance of a gator dragging me into a watery grave as I'm reeling in an 8" peacock bass?

Not enough time to get a guide and no car so options are limited...either bring the 8wt and 5wt and make the best of it or stay up late and pound as many Busch Lights as possible w/ the locals. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Suggest calling one of the local fly shops and seeing what they might offer. There was a guide I went with years ago (like 15+) that specialized in local canals; walk guided trips. I cannot recall his name, but he put me into some Peacock and Gar. The Gar being caught on a 6" length of white and yellow nylon rope... arguably the ugliest fly pattern ever. Suggest letting him land those as they have a nasty set of dentures. :eek:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ thanks, not sure I'd have time for even a few hours of a guide. Going to call the shop in Boca Raton, no shop in FL.

Might also look into an hour or two rental on a standup paddle board and see if can hook something to toe me around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.