Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kind of makes you want to be a gear guy . . .

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops, sorry about that. Not sure why the link didn't work. Copy this link:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/fishing/134521321_outn25.html

and paste it into your browser's address box. It's a Seattle Times article about some dude who got a 15 lb. cutthroat out of Lake Washington last Saturday.

By the way Troutman, O. mykiss is the latin name for rainbow trout (and steelhead). So, no - it is not a self portrait. Try O. clarki clarki for the lovely cutts we have around here.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
ya sok! I met this guy while fishing for sockeye on Lake washington. I saw this photo last week from his fishing buddy who is a friends' father. they are a group of hardcore lake washington fishermen. they fish the lake often, and usually land cutts up to 5 pounds. Sok and his fishing partner gave me a special lure for landing sockeye in the lake. we landed 2 fish in a half hour using it. he made us promise to keek it a secret. (like flyfishermen care that much about lures!)anyway, way to go! :THUMBSUP YT

·
Registered
364 Posts
The reason the record has not been surpassed is because it is catch and release in puget sound and they just don't get as big as cutts that live in lakes. Plus not very many people fish for searun cutts compared to other species. :THUMBSUP

fly15

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.