Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im getting married in 3 weeks and wanted to ask if anyone knew some good places to get married at around the puget sound area...I was looking for somewhere maybe by some river or somewhere where some real good scenery is. We are on a very LOW budget or free...its obviously a fast planned wedding, but we need to do it for insurance reasons...any help out there? thanks

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
I would like to help.
I have been married 4 times and I still love each and everyone one of those witches.
For insurance reasons is not a good reason to marry. Just sayin.
Congrats anyway, find a nice public park and have at'er.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats not why im geting married. we had a date scheduled for later, but we had to move it sooner....been together 7 1/2 yrs. and we're having a kid....im just looking for a place to do it at...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Opeth,

If I were you and on a really LOW budget I would look for free places to get married. There are a number of parks, outdoor areas, and beaches around that you should be able to find somewhere. Please check into where ever you decide though to make sure they do not ban or charge for that sort of thing. I know when I got married I looked into Bellevue botanical gardens and they didn't allow weddings.

My sister in law had a very small wedding and all they did was get a friend to marry them and we all went to the arboretum and stood under a blossoming cherry tree. Very picturesque and except for the marriage license absolutely free. There were only 10 of us at the wedding though and we took less than 30 minutes overall including pictures.

As long as you don't have many people at your wedding and they don't mind standing or using whatever is available that type of venue could work for you. Again I would caution you to check into the place and make sure you have a large wedding in these types of places as the last thing you want on your wedding day is hassled or at the worst thrown in jail.

·
"Chasing Riseforms"
4,977 Posts
Scenic Beach State Park on the Hood Canal. They have a nice little historical house called the Emel House. You can assemble there out of the rain. I don't know the cost. But here's the link: http://www.stateparks.com/scenic_beach.html

Also, there is a new place in Port Gamble for weddings with shelter. You might call Pope Resources up there.

·
Senior Moment
5,472 Posts
The sunsets at Mt Erie are spectacular. Pretty much a 360 view and you can drive to the top. A lot of folks don't know about this place, real close to Pass Lake. Would make a great anniversary tradition - bottle of wine, sunsets over the Olympics, morning fish at Pass.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Opeth,

With that in mind here are some decent places taking into consideration that you are in Everett. Some are more crowded than others and if you can take a day off and do it during a weekday that would be even better and some do require a bit of driving to.

Out of town

Deception Pass - Great beach front and there are multiple locations from the beach to some of the cliffs overlooking the sea. Small amount of hiking to get to the nice cliff locations.

Snoqualmie forks - North Fork, Middle Fork, or even the South fork for a small riverside wedding these would be ideal. Scout out possible locations beforehand and bring your flyrod!

North or South fork of Skykomish river - another great riverside wedding, again scout it out first.

In town
Arboretum - Gorgeous in springtime with the blossoming trees

Beach front state parks - Parks like Kayak point, Forest Park, Mukilteo state park, meadowdale etc. Take a look at Google maps and there are numerous parks on the ocean.

Hopefully those give you some ideas!

Chris

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'll have to second the Mt. Erie suggestion. The scenery is beautiful. You feel like you can skip across the San Juans to Victoria and touch Mt. Baker. Oh and you can see me pull a big bow out of Pass!!!

·
Registered
899 Posts
It's the big Mt. that over looks Pass Lake and Capmbell. As your heading west on 20, veer right on to Campbell Lake Rd and then right on Heart Lake Rd, The road to the top of Erie is to the right Good luck to ya man! Marriage is great when you pick the right one.

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
we're having a kid....im just looking for a place to do it at...
Sounds to me like you already found a place to do it.

Can you hike a bit? The Skagit is closed so no one will be there and one of the prettiest places on the river is the Sauk Bar or also known as the fly bar. Its about a 30 minute hike in along the old railroad grade. If I were looking for a pretty spot on the river this would certainly fill the bill.

·
It's all about the sauce.....
551 Posts
Eerie is a great location and tends to be quiet. Kayak Point is also quiet and the view of the upper sound is great. There's also a nice golf course there. If you want to be near society and don't mind driving south, there is a real nice ceremony deck in Steilacoom overlooking the water. Restaurants nearby for the reception. Best of luck with whatever you choose and congrats!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.