Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I'd be happy with one a fraction of that size...soon! Where you at Ford_Fenders? Still singing AC/DC? That is an awesome fish!

·
Registered
359 Posts
I had a guy hook a rainbow about that big (estimated @ 27") on a dry last season just above the Hwy 89 bridge. Unfortunately, the client thought the fish swimming up to the boat in the first 30 seconds meant "Victory!" and not "Loosen your drag, cuz he's gonna bolt!"

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Something tells me that wasn't caught on a 5wt
7 and 8wt's are the norm for chucking junk on that river with straight 20lb mono. Good times!

Sorry Chad, as much as I would love to, the wife has me on close proximity lock down for quite a while. Some buddies who live in Bozeman have been trying to get me down this year to no avail. Man I miss the 'Stone. If you go shoot me a PM. I might be able to hook you up with a spot in a boat.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good point. . .I think of anadromous browns and riverine residents almost as different species though. A 30 inch Lk Michigan fish running up a river is no big deal. A mid to high twenties river fish is always a big deal,

fb

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.