Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHAT:

Greyghost has taken a job in Oregon and is leaving us, so I figured we'd have a moving away party. We'll be out fishing long after dark, and afterwards will have a campfire (read bonfire) and drink some brews. :beer2

WHERE:

Pass Lake!

WHEN:

Pete and I will be arriving on Thursday around 1:00 - 1:30 pm. We usually park at the pull-off along the road closest to the boat launch, I drive a faded green Mazda and you'll recognize Pete's car from the black roof rack with fly fishing stickers on it. We both have Caddis float tubes, mine is a dark green and Pete's is a bit lighter. We'll be camping at Bowman Bay at Deception Pass State Park, if you get there Thursday night after dark, look for our cars on the lake before checking the campground. If we're not there, look for the big fire and cases of beer. If your coming, drop me an email and I'll give you my cell phone number. Oh yeah, we'll be fishing Friday morning if we're not too hung over ;)

See ya there:thumb

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts
schmokin'reel!!!

well fellas , it looks like a show down for a brown, since i can talk s#@t now ..haha ill be up that way thur. night after 9pm im sure, so ill flash ya with the headlamp lights , eh. :smokin

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
You gonna be there Friday also??

You guys suck!!! Are you going to be there Friday night also??? I might be up for the drive if you're gonna be there friday too cause I got work during the day??

Is Jim comin too?? Cause thats a big factor in wether or not I make the drive :dunno :dunno }(

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I know I won't be able to stay on Friday night (edit: that is if I can get my @66 up), I'm planning on fishing until about noon on Friday and then I have to drive up to Vancouver BC for the weekend... Bhudda might be stayin on Friday...

worldanglr

-Paul Schullery

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts

schmokin'reel!!!

mmmmmm.... P-diddy, ill stay if you dont come!}( haha
kiddin , would enjoy your presence , you know , to flush all of the fish my way. besides no one else smokes cigars do they, whats your flavor P- hmm... maybe an H Uppman-corona eh.. really i got to work sat. so no late night fri. but ill be up there till the afternoon at least.:smokin --bhudda

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

You mean that you would drive all that way just to see the master fish. I'd go but I have one giant hurdle to get over, that bridge over the Swinomish channel. It scares the living daylights out of me. Hell I had a hard of enough time going to Coulee City from Dry falls. Had to drive up the hiway with the cliff on it. High places and some bridges scare the hell out of me.

Jim

·
I’m a whale
4,667 Posts

if it gets ya there oldman, i can meet ya on the east side of the swinomish bridge and we can walk together to the westside, ill go back across the bridge and get your car and off we go! what 'da say ..:dunno also. i have moved some appts. around thurs and could leave as early as 4 but there is this lone holdout at 6pm thats screwin' me. anybody down to call in a bomnb threat or something around 4:15}( }( haha- bhudda

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you going to swing by on Thursday night alpinetrout? We'll be there... What flies have been working for ya?

worldanglr

-Paul Schullery

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

I used to know it all---but now I forgot it all.

Aw,thanks for the offer,but I think that I will pass up this trip this time. Getting behind on my chores. And I decided to go fishing again today. I'll never get my yard cut at this rate. Oh well there's always tomorrow. Lake 16 here I come.:thumb

Jim

P/S Only 24 more days and my favorite skinny water will open back up :7 :) :) :)

Chris,what's with the ex's in place of the smily faces.
Jim

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow, would you be the Official Pass Lake guide for us? Seriously though, great information. Pete said he had the same sort of luck after dark fishing a white pattern. Must be something to it, although in my experience fishing at night is almost always better with black patterns as the silhouette better against the low light. That's why I've been tying black and black/yellow streamers for Pass, but I'll give white a try.

I'm heading to Canada for three days on Friday as well, so no excuses from ya :bawling J/king of course, but if you can swing by, we'll be the armada of headlights bobbing around dodging bats and trying desperately not to hook ourselves. Hope to see ya there :thumb

worldanglr

-Paul Schullery

·
Registered
506 Posts
My three go to flies for night fishing at Pass have been a white zonker with some flash, and black or olive buggers with only flash tied for the tail. I have had about equal success casting into the shoreline and stripping parallel to large pieces of structure, and just kick trolling along the drop line, sporadically adding in a couple good twitches with the rod tip.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks like we have four confirmed people now, me, Greyghost, Bhudda, and Backyard. A couple of other people might drop in. Anyone else coming?!

worldanglr

-Paul Schullery

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.