Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My wife and I are headed to Puerto Vallarta for a week in march and I need a reasonably priced guide for a couple days of fishing on the fly. I can provide my own equipment. I've had guides out at cabo for mahi and roosters for a bout $250 per day on a 19ft panga and I'm hoping I can find the same in P. Vallarta. Would appreciate any leads/contacts.

gillyzonker.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
You'll find the fishing conditions much different in PV than in Cabo. PV is at the back of a huge bay (something like 25 mile diameter bay) before a person gets to the ocean. And, then once you get to the ocean, it's a fair run to get out to the bluewater.

However, the bay has some reasonable fishing for bonita, skipjack, and the occasional small dorado. You reasonably should expect to catch bonita and skipjack, which are fun to catch. Nine weight, intermediate lines, and some small (relatively) white flies and you're in business. I also caught small jacks from the shore. I saw some roosters, but they were a ways out and not in my casting range. The better fly fishing areas are north and south of PV, but via boat you should still get some fun fishing out in the Bay.

Though I have fished there, I don't have a name of a guide for you; however, a good place for you to make a posting similar to what you posted here is on Dan Blanton's website. Most of the participants there are saltwater folks and you'll be able to get some information there. Also do a search on his site, as I know this information has been provided in earlier posts.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.