Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, the Carp Fly swap is in it's final phase, the flies went in the mail yesterday. Wait 'till you see the Griffith's Gnat on steroids! I hope I did this right, it was more challenging than I thought. I will be posting photos of each fly and it's recipe (if one was sent) in the Fly Tying Forum soon.
I feel a need for Team Rugged (and any other brave souls) to firm up a trip for trout real soon. ******, you started this, you better finish it. I suggest a "central" Washington spot so pwoens, Daddy-O, and Ty can join in. I have the "duty" on April 12 and 13th, but I'm open beyond that.
I'm headed to Oroville this weekend to talk with a contractor about putting a building on our property. When we are done, I'm going to check local lakes and will report back on my findings. Anyone ever hit Strawberry before???

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Amen brother Roper....someone needs to get off their lazy rear ends and finish what they started.... YT !!!!! }(

Of course Im kiddin around YT...dont send the hate mail again...im still tramatized from the last 9 hate mails you sent ;-) .

I just got some super secret spots that Mcronariver sent me that im willing to share with all. I cant remember if he told me to keep them secret or not, so im gonna share them.....ya right!! :7 LOL

Im antsie (or however you spell it)...lets roll!!!

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
416 Posts
Roper:

I'm going to be helping out with a casting clinic in Omak Saturday morning. After the class, we're going to Omak lake in the afternoon. I don't have solid plans for Sunday. You want to check out a lake on Sunday? I heard they're all iced off!

Sparse

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
(Sir Izaak Walton)

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm, I'll be in the neighborhood, but I'll have the ladies in tow too. One doesn't take too kindly to hanging in the truck for too long. The other would be in the lake.
What lake? Omak? We're staying in Tonasket...

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Too many fish, Too little time

Well gentlemen, are you sure you all can pull yourselfs away from the magnificant carp possibilities? :* :*

April 19, dry falls. Is this acceptable for everyone??:dunno

Rowdy update: Word on the street is that he got a new job and gave up fishing. Rumor has it that he has a new website, www.sellout.com}( }(

YT:rofl :smokin

·
Registered
117 Posts
i like the idea of joining team rugged for an outing in a couple of weeks. with a week notice any lake in central wa sounds good. as for dry falls ... the float tube hatch should be in full swing by then. does anyone have a good pattern for that?

·
Registered
416 Posts
MacRowdy, I am no stranger to Kokanee. However, I owe Bart Shinerbock or Lone Star.

Can't make the Dry Falls outing. However, there has been a long time plan of a Team Rugged adventure to Grimes Lake for opening day madness. Its the perfect location to bring the masses. Why not throw in some Team Rugged as well?

On that June 1, 2003 outing, ****** and I are having our "Crystal River" 1-Fly competition. Anyone can participate, but you are only allowed one "Crystal River" fly of your choosing. When the fly comes apart, you're out, and you can reach into your fly box for legitimate ties and kick your tube away from our stupid competition and catch a bunch of fish.

Streams are made for the wise man to contemplate and fools to pass by.
(Sir Izaak Walton)

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
heck ya! the "crystal river" 1 fly competition is on. Go to k-mart or Fred Meyers and pick out a winner and see if your over-hackled piece-o-crap fly can get huge lahanton cutts to take. I'm worried these flys will come apart on the backcast, before they even hit the water. We need a prize for this highly intellectual competition?:dunno maybe a super sweet crystal river fly rod and reel outfit, worth over 20 bucks....:eek :eek That should get everyone hyped up into a frenzy. maybe we can get OLN to cover it. YT:rolleyes

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
I'll be fishing Dry Falls the week before that, but I'm game to hit it again. I think I'd like to out rugged the group. Do bathroom breaks count against me?:beer1

IRA..

·
Registered
2,567 Posts

Its on....April 19th is the date set by the master..

Where the heck is dry falls??? You will have to give me precise directions, types of flies, leader lengths, strength, and brand, along with the exact gps coordinates of the monsters that lurk in the lake?? This way I can post it all over the web and give away yet another secret spot :p

see all ya lazy bums there...

ps: Leave the sheep at home Mac!!!

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
177 Posts
That fits into my busy schedule just nicely. ;-) Ive never fished dry falls before, but then again i havent fished much of anywhere... With the addition of this fishing trip ill have every weekend in april full of fishing!!! :thumb Just one thing, i dont exactly have anything to float in...

Tyler

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Is there a Best Western near by. I'm afraid of snakes and bugs. And get the willies if I try to sleep out side.:p

Jim

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.