Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yakbowbw
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went wading on the upper Yakima last Tuesday. She was awesome to us giving up 18 fish to me, and 7 to my son. Between the both of us we caught 11 fish over 14" with the biggest fish of the day measuring just under 16". 7 hours seemed like 30 minutes. The fish were hot to trot for a Caddis pupae imitation. The biggest fish hit a golden stone.

·
"Ride'n Dirty."
1,631 Posts
Pics Man, Pics!!!!

Glad you had a great time. Isn't fishing the Yak on a good day awesome!

·
Yakbowbw
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My son had the camera.... he went down in a big hole and we lost the camera early. It was his cell phone and yes, we had to buy a new one when we got back. Yes Old Man, I only use my flies. I like the challenge of only using my flies when I go fishing, it makes my experience that much more rewarding. Sorry for the delay on the posts... football and two-a-day practices have been kicking my butt. You need some flies Old Man? Shoot me a message and I will tie up a dozen or so for you. You can't be too kind to a fellow, former Washington West Sider. :) Go Bruins...!

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
No I don't need any flies. If one doesn't go fishing, one doesn't lose any flies. Besides I'm well stocked up for now until next year if I'm still around.

Getting on in years kind of slows one down. The old get up and go has got up and gone. I think that I'm just waiting for Labor Day to come and go. Kids will be in School and the relatives will be gone and so will all the out of Stater's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.