Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you got this email from CCA; For those of you who aren't members, here is a prime example of why we support these organizations:

Late yesterday evening the Senate Ways and Means Committee adopted an amendment to the 2010 Supplemental Budget that maintains the Department of Fish and Wildlife as a separate entity from the Department of Natural Resources. You will recall CCA Washington issued an action alert to our members a few days ago informing that the earlier version of this budget proposed merging WDFW into DNR.

In response to thousands of e-mails and phone calls from CCA members, supporters and friends, legislators modified this budget to keep WDFW in place. Budget cuts for WDFW and DNR are part of this new amendment. We will be communicating more about these cuts and the amendment in the near future. For now we wanted you to know this is a significant win for CCA and for the citizens of Washington. You are to be congratulated for this success and no further e-mails to your legislators on this topic are necessary at this time.

Sincerely,

CCA Washington

(-Kyle)

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
I sent in my emails but I didn't do it because of CCA. Matter of fact didn't I hear a word of thier "call to action". I guess if CCA wants to take credit, that's ok but they aren't the only ones working out here.

·
Free Man
1,872 Posts
CCA certainly is not the only group helping make a difference. I do admire their organization and sophistication though. The alerts they send make it easy and accurate to respond, using a service called Voters Voice. You just fill in your personal info, regarding your address, and the data base sends the well worded message to the appropriate parties, including your own regional representatives. This approach demonstrates the size of the voting block, goes to the legislators on the right committees, and to your own reps and the governor. All we have to do is fill in name, address and email.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Now's not the time to bicker over who should get credit for the action. The fact is , we are a "bit" safer for now but we all have to remain vigilant to insure nothing sneaks in the back door that would worsen our precious resources.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.