Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
My favorite thing to do with a flyrod is chase wild trout in streams. It has taken me about 20 years, I am 40, to built a base of about 5 or 6 streams I can go with good populations of Rainbows or Cutthroats where not many fishers visit. The short replies to your question are because they are like gold mines. Unfortunately, we don't have the numbers of streams like Montana or Idaho, but I guarantee these pristine streams are the finest in the world. My advice to you Fanatic, look over the maps of our rivers tributaries, do some exploring and find some streams to try. There are so many, I pretty much fish one river system.
But, because you asked, the Elwha River near Pt. Angeles has some of the best Rainbow fishing around.

· Just an Old Man
35,201 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

It's hard to find good places,but if you can get above most of the barriers on a few of the local rivers you can usually find rainbows. I found a few places like that about 30 years ago, But now that I'm older I can't make it in there any more. What a bummer.

Jim :THUMBSUP

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.