Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Anywhere ~ Anytime
1,613 Posts
Interesting breed, first I have seen it. Sending link over to the GF

Similar in color are 'Sumatras'. GF had chickens for several years at the horse barn. I picked these for an addition and she got in on a friends order to national poultry outlet. We had 5 chicks, including one rooster. They did really well, luck was with us and the rooster blossomed into a stellar example. Web pics below but close likeness (lost a lot of pics with PC crash) I actually used more of the hen molts since I like heavy web (streamers and wets) They had the most gorgeous saddle feathers, long uniform and natural iridescent green.. but the best feature was how fine even and pliable the stems were. Pretty amazing.

Our Rooster wasn't out and out 'mean' pretty easy going for the most part. But there was something about the wheelbarrow that occasionally tripped his trigger.. Come in on a dead run, SLAM the side and flog it a bit. Kind of comical but you recognized the power behind it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.