Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm relatively new to fly-fishing. been fishing for a couple of years. i've always fished moving water. is there anywhere i can go within a couple hours from seattle to try out my new float and maybe even catch a fish or two? if you could be so kind as to include some patterns too i would be grateful. thanks a bunch. :thumb

matt

·
Registered
94 Posts
got a float tube for xmas. where should i try it o...

i would go to lone lake on whidbey. myself and troutpocket hit on xmas eve and did alright. 6 little fellas up to 16 inch. got um all on a olive willy. good luck mike d.:beer1

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts

The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

He said close to Seattle,not 4 hours away. ChecK your fishing pamplet you should be able to find a few lakes in Seattle instead of driving out of it.Lets see Green Lake,Ballinger just north of Seattle,Echo Lake South of Ballinger, I mean just check page 104 of the regs and you will find lots of local lakes to fish with accesses.

Jim

·
Flaccid Member
3,875 Posts

ive always wondered about whidbey fisheries. i imagine you guys where the only guys out there? i have a float tube and have been itching to try out some new flies/techniques. is it your basic low and slow winter fishery? what line type did you use? any tidbits would be appreciated.

~sean~

G

·
Coldwater Lake is very scenic, but you'll have to wait for spring. Wet flies on a sink tip work best for me. Olive W/buggers on the small side and chronomids. When they're rising I switch to a floating line with 7x and a Mosquito midge, no floatant. No gas engines and you'll need a NW Forest Pass to park. If it gets windy hike into one of the smaller lakes in the area. I'm not going to name any lakes, but there is some good fishing if you're willing to hike. My 5 wt GL3 travel rod is my first choice for this area. Great place for an overnighter!:thumb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.