Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called Bob Meiser yesterday and ordered up a 12'6" 3/4/5 baby spey (with custom SGS line to go with same). http://www.meiserflyrods.com/meiser-12.php

A bit of 'Bling' as I wanted a Stuble Nic. Silver reel seat and let Bob decide the rest. That will be part of the surprise when the rod gets here.

Will be a bit before I start watching my front porch, but that will only build the anticipation!

fae

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ideed Stewart, indeed! That's one of the amazing things about Bob's rods (beyond the fact they're damned good fishing rods) is the rod is YOUR ROD, not number 9,998 out of a production run where every one looks exactly the same.

fae

·
still an authority on nothing
2,194 Posts
Fred,
when I got mine last year I was in love. Super finesse stick for trout and some kind of mind altering experience for steelies. I caught two summer runs, 9#-10# fish last fall and it ruined me. Absolutely. Totally.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Congrats Fred. I just ordered a 12'6 7 wt S with wood lower and other "bling" I too am playing the waiting game. I also have a speyco sitting here waiting for me

·
2,194 Posts
Bob's off to BC packing a great huge magnet, looking for steel, and he'll be back in Sept. Poor guy.:cool:

But I did get my order in for the tricked out 4/5/6 12'6" Highlander Classic of my dreams. It was time to step up from the Deer Creek 5/6; I was at the limits of its performance and wanted the better performance of the multimodulus, hybridized real thing. Plus it will have a groovy new type of bottom grip Bob and I worked out, very Spazzy and cool, ideal for underhanding.

·
Registered
995 Posts
NICE! looks like Bob snuck out too quickly and didnt send my demo 4/5/6. DANGIT!!!! I cant wait to get my hands on the S

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OOOOOO SS, a new type lower handle, care to expand on that theme? And sigh ..... I know Bob's off and running, but how could do that to really nice guys like you and me and how many others! Bad Dog!!

Actually hoping to get the rod in time to take it over to the Clearwater 'Clave the end of September so all can 'Oooooo and Ahhhhhhh.
Fred

·
2,194 Posts
similar to a funk-johnson sword grip, but with a less pronounced swell and a straighter transition, plus of course it will be Meizerized so it won't have that funky bump at the top. I reckon it will improve my bottom hand wrist angle and make the casting day more comfortable. Even if I'm wrong, it'll still look cool as hell.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.