Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we'll be taking a family trip to the Grand Caymans. I'm hoping to slip off and do a little flats fishing on my own. I've checked a couple of other fly fishing sites which have pointed me to two guides that I've contacted. They aren't providing much information at this point other than their rates. Any one have any experience fly fishing there or have suggestions on who to contact? Would someone at Kauffman's be able to help?

G

·
If Gary in Seattle or Dennis in Bellevue don't know, call Randall at the 1-800-442-4359# and tell him Gary and Dennis need to read Chapter 24, Cayman Islands, in Randall's new Bonefishing book!

I don't have the book or I'd regurgitate for you. And, oh yeah - the book also covers permit, trevally, tarpon...... You won't see trevally in Atlantic waters, but can figure on possible 'cuda opps.

Have Fun
:thumb

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you have time, catch a charter over to little caymen island (about $80 each way last time i was there). there is an old private fly-fishing club there called the southern cross. they now welcome the general public and their guides are top notch. good bone fishing, permit, tarpon, mangrove snapper. . . if you get lucky, they'll take you to the tarpon pond - a must go! 15 years ago a hurricane trapped a school of tarpon in a mangrove that has now become a lake. shallow water (18") makes these 25# tarpon visible and they fight like the old men they are. grab a drink at the iguana and fly back to the fam on the grand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.