Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Granger Aristocrat bamboo fly rod that I am trying to sell for a friend, I have advertised the rod with what I thought was a good description but have had no responses on this rod which prompted questions. Since I am not very up on bamboo rods I thought I would ask here for advise.. First , when you are looking for an older bamboo rod what is important in the description? What is a good price point for this rod? Anything else you might add that would help? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
906 Posts
Does it have 1 tip or 2? Are the sections the same length? Is the rod straight? Do the ferrules fit? Are the guides in good shape? Wraps? Is the reel seat functional? Condition of cork grip? Is the finish good? Rod sack? Tube?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. The rod has two tips. I would say the sections are straight. Ferrules are in good shape, Wraps are tight. The reel seat and cork both look in good shape. Finish looks good, Have both rod sack and tube.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey NCL, I would say that the pictures you originally posted here in the classifieds were very dark, out of focus, hard to tell which rod was which and condition was not clear. I bought the 8642 Victory because for my needs the price was right, but I really had no idea what I was buying and was willing to take the risk based on what I saw. For the Aristocrat I would take non-blurry, well-lit, detailed pictures with your phone and try posting again on the bamboo forum, here or on ebay. Bamboo enthusiasts like to know exactly what they're getting into. Generally the Grangers that are 8' 6" and less are a bit more desirable, 8ft or less commanding the best prices. You can describe the rod with words, but most buyers are more likely to buy with good pictures where they can make their own judgement. Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Granger Aristocrat bamboo fly rod that I am trying to sell for a friend, I have advertised the rod with what I thought was a good description but have had no responses on this rod which prompted questions. Since I am not very up on bamboo rods I thought I would ask here for advise.. First , when you are looking for an older bamboo rod what is important in the description? What is a good price point for this rod? Anything else you might add that would help? Thank you in advance
I took some new photos. I think they came out better but I only have a phone camera and admit to being a horrible photographer
Is it still available? Might be interested

1 - 8 of 8 Posts