Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Praying to the rain gods for mercy
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a beginner. I've gone out on a river and done ok with basic casting. I tried to practice in a nice grass field and was sadly dissapointed with the performance of the grass leader. Is it even worth it or should I drive 15 minutes to the nisqually and practice there???

·
It's all good.....
393 Posts
Im a beginner. I've gone out on a river and done ok with basic casting. I tried to practice in a nice grass field and was sadly dissapointed with the performance of the grass leader. Is it even worth it or should I drive 15 minutes to the nisqually and practice there???
Go to the water my friend...go to the water.

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
Head to the water, you just never know what will happen :) BTW great name.

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Practice where you can, so yes get (tie your own and leave the tag ends on the knots you use to tie different strength maxima together) a grass leader or use a sinktip and whenever you're on the grass remember to "slow down"... then you'll have it for those times you don't want to drive the 15 minutes to the river!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Water is always best but I do practice on the grass. Like was stated above, slooooow down a bit. Also send your D loop a little farther behind you to bend the rod deeper due to the lack of solid anchor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.