Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm a teacher, I fish to eat!
785 Posts
that is AWESOME! Thank you so much for sharing. I would put in a sealed big but i think that $20 might be a little insulting, but alas thats what i could afford. Awesome collection and an Awesome cause!

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
Very nice link, thank's. The fly's are beautiful....even the ugly ones....except for that butterfly lookin' thing...accck!
Amazing the variety of style and materials used for one fly pattern. I'm bookmarking that page.

LB

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Very cool. I must say I'm partial to the traditional ties myself, though some of the Dee/Spey/Salmon styles are beautiful. I agree that a print would be pretty cool, though I'd imagine it would have to be poster-sized to see them all.

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
Whoever buy's the whole set could market framed and numbered collectors prints, on a subscription basis
(Fly Print of the Month Club) and recover their investment many times over....but....you still gotta' have the $$ to play, or know somebody who does.
So I'm out!....lol.

LB

·
Vintage angler
1 Posts
Thanks for all your kind words regarding my 101 Green Butt Skunk project. I've been working on this for almost 4 years now and will be picking up the finished fly plate this weekend. It will be unveiled and on display in Salem, OR at the State Capitol Building on Feb, 25th and 26th. Just FYI the plate is 52" x 7'6" so you'll need a big wall!

I am working on posters of the project although photographing the plate may not be an option. Sales of the posters will also benefit the North Umpqua Foundation. I may offer a limited edition print but those details are still to be worked out As a committee of one, things take some time....

I would like to let you all know that I'm continuing to collect Green Butt Skunks from tyers interested in sending them. I will be photographing each one and posting it to my site. These flies will be donated to other groups around the NW for fundraisers. Currently I'm donating a small fly plate to the Native Fish Society for their auction in April. In exchange they will display the large plate during their event. The Steamboaters, Fly Fisher's Club of Oregon and the FFF will all be getting small collections of Green Butt Skunks for their auctions. If you would like to submit a fly or if you have a group raising money for wild fish, please contact me.

Again, thank you all for you kind remarks regarding this collection. Please help me raise as much money as I can for the North Umpqua by spreading the word. There's someone out there with deep pockets that needs to own this!

I'll post a photo of the finished plate on my site AFTER the public unveiling.

Feel free to post this to other sites that may be interested.

You can follow the collection as it goes on tour this spring and summer on my site or on Facebook - 101 Green Butt Skunks.

Cheers,
Joel La Follette
www.royaltreatmentflyfishing.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.