Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Green Lake again last evening in the SE corner (near the ballfields). Same results. Water temp about 56 degrees. Took the camera hoping to get some shots of moonrise, mountains and maybe even a fish. Not yet but there is always next Wednesday.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This just happens to coincide with my wife's writing class at the U of W-I take her to class, then head over to the lake until its time to pick her up again. I would love to hook up with you and any other fly fisher's to figure out these fish. Send me an e-mail so we can coordinate.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Having fished for these ugly things in Upper Wisc. I suggest fishing dusk and dawn, whith Dawn being preferable. I use to Fish them on BIG poppers. The bait guy's in Wisc. would use 7-9 inch fish on 3/0 hooks. So I would go with really big streamers now and top water stuff in about another three weeks. One method for elongating your hair flys is to loop two hooks together and cut the hook off the first or second shank. The fly swims nice too.

Although I have landed a 28 inch Northern (which was not even a keeper) I never landed a Tiger. The biggest one I ever hooked was about 40 inches (give or take 3 or 4) and the fight lasted about as long as it took me to cut my line and paddle the other direction. (actully the fish cut the line and ran the other direction but I was thinking about it):eek:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be in the SE corner again-all are welcomed to join. I parked on 66th, hotfooted it across E. Greenlake Way and put in near a drain outlet.

Roper: I've tried to reply to your e-mails twice-each time I got rejected (and I'm really taking it personally) with the message "invalid recipient".
SC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.