Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez, talk about a disappointing evening on Green Lake. Last night I was all primed to bust out with some of those really large carp and all I could catch were a bunch of stinkin' trout. How disappointing. How embarrassing. Good thing I'm headed over Yakima way tomorrow, where I can fish the lower river for smallmouth and carp and not have to face the prospect of having to deal with those lowly trout.:beathead

· Be the guide...
5,157 Posts
Yes - it's surprising that the trout survive for long in that green murky water. Even more surprising that they can manage to see your fly well enough to strike it...

side note - hopefully your waders don't have leak - I can hear it now "...no, this rash is NOT contagious!!!" :beathead

· Be the guide...
5,157 Posts
If you're having so much trouble catching carp - why not swith to bow and arrow? Or you can just wait for the corn hatch and tie up some square yellow flies in preperation. Better yet, (this is a secret - so keep this under your hat - not litterly of course) - tie up a bunch of 'trout turd' flies, or if your lake has a large water fowl poopulation - try some duck\goose dropping patterns. Don't forget to try a mix of 'floaters' and 'sinkers'.

PS - I really don't have anything against fisherman who target carp - I'm just poking some fun :beer2

· Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got nothing against trout-I've only been fly fishing for them for 44 years. I just think it's fun to jest folks into examining their prejudices. Nothing wrong with a well-reasoned prejudice-it't those kneejerk ones that get me. And say, do you have a good corn pattern?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.