Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I am new to this site, but it looks like a great fly fishing forum. I live around tacoma, and I was thinking about heading to the green river to do some fly fishing for trout. Where are some good spots that can easily be waded through and fished? Im looking for some good, shallow fly fishing water. Thanks!

·
flyfishing addict
416 Posts
I will try to be polite in saying that alot of folks on this site are less than forthcoming when it comes to offering fishing places. I would suggest that you start up by Palmer at the State Park, there's a lot of good water up there, then work your way down toward Flaming Geyser. If you're willing to walk down to the river you could even try fishing below the bridge on Hwy 169, between Enumclaw and Black Diamond. This river has seen alot of abuse from the floaters with garbage all over the place, I fished just above the Whitney bridge last weekend only caught fish in the 4" range. There's got to be bigger ones in there where it's hard to get too, so instead of right out telling you where to go. I'd say hiking for it would be your only option, for finding bigger fish. Hope this helps.
JB

·
Fishon
1,602 Posts
there's a map for sale by Frank Amato Publications called Washington River Maps and Fishing Guide... git it. I did. I asked just like you did, my situation makes it so I don't really have time to explore like I used to. People were pretty tight lipped, so I found that map... it rocks! ;) I pretty much just pointed you to the gold mine!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Ill second benith the 169 bridge. Great water.
Phil,
It was nice meeting your courteous self the other day at Flaming Geyser and appreciate your helpful tips on switch/spey techniques. One of the reasons I find it difficult to apply the prescribed, swing, step, swing method of spey fishing is because I'm so damn old, unsteady on my feet and crippled up that I tend to stay in one area too long, I know. Another of the reasons I don't fish much around other people - I don't want to be accused of "hogging the hole" or being a "post in the water!"

You were very tolerant of my not moving much though - and you have a very nice spey cast as well. Thanks again!

Regards,

JC(newbie)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.