Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have a hard time believing that one, if it was sooo good why the h*ll would someone take the time to put up a website and share one of their secret spots? Someone probably took the guy down there and now he's P.O.'d at his buddy, the first thing to go is the secrets they share? If someone does take the time to go down there, post a follow up.
:smokin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Secret spot on the Green? Go find out for your self. Checked out that web site "extreeme steelheading on the Green" with "A road too steep to carry a slab up the hill". You gona belive that? Just trying to pass what I learned the hard way. The place is a couple miles from any house but the cops have a physical address for the place for all the theft reports. The bummer deal is that there is a development going in that is going to destroy icy creek and hurt the salmon that spawn there. That is the only secret.

·
Tricoptera
460 Posts
yeah... still known for getting vehicles broke in to... used to be one of my favorite places to fish before it became so popular... have hooked quite a few summer runs, winter runs, and cutties on the fly rod down there as well as some fall kings (not targeted but still nailed the purple egg-sucker).. In the past 10 years the place has become heavily used.... but the thing is many people dont venture any farther than the end of the road (near the rearing pond) and a few spots up and down stream from the road... there is still lots of barely touched water if you are willing to put in a little more effort and bush wack/wade. but as listed above.. not traditional fly water. and you might get your car broken in to... so definitely stay away.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Famous water of days gone by. Legend has it that back in the day, there'd be a line of anglers heading down there at sunrise. (I really did read this somewhere.) Nowadays, it's known as a car break-in area and a good place to get some exercise. Beautiful water, though, and there are occasionally some fish in the vicinity. Sad to hear that they're developing the land around it. This once amazing steelhead river has been absolutely pummeled by development and the resulting sedimentation (not to mention tribal netting and catch-and-keep policies that went on way too long). When I caught my first wild fish on the Green in 2000, I actually had the choice of whether or not I wanted to keep it. Unreal...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.