Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
flyfishing addict
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished it briefly this AM, water was up, as expected, but not flooding. Visibility was still about 2.5 ft. enough for me to wade out and get enough distance between the treelined bank and allow me to get off a midcurrent roll cast. Needless to say, I was practice casting today, no pulls, but there's still potential. Talked w/ a guy upstream of me, using a sideplaner and plug combo, who'd hooked two fish earlier in the AM. Later I fished just above the Whitney bridge, accross from the boat lauch, I got a great pull in there, then nothing.There's some fish around but as the water goes up which is likely to do with another storm tomorrow it might be impossible to get a good drift. I mostly fished the edges of runs today, looking for resting fish, but once again it wasn't meant to be. Good Luck to y'all
JB

·
Sorry, I'm not set up for that.
102 Posts
Thanks for the report, I'm setting up a new 8wt this week, and was thinking of heading out there next weekend for some nymphing and egg patterns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.