Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 10yr old up to the Day on the River in Fall City this past Sat. Aaron is a top notch instructor and really took the time to school my kid. Thanks again, Aaron and to the other people there helping us!

First Matty did this.

Then he did this.

Before long, he was doing this.

He finally put all the pieces together and did this.

Which of course led to a lot of this.

Being a dad is sweet.:thumb:

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies, peeps! It is a 12'6" 6wt Dec Hogan Echo Spey. I was going to get it for myself, but methinks the lad should have it. Now I just need to convince my wife that we both need a summer steelhead stick. :thumb: The river is closed, so we were just using yarn. After the class, we met up with Ryfly and hit the MF Sno, which is open for trout. He is only 10, so he is too young for the academy.:beathead:

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
So how many definitions fit? Hey isn't it a great thing Son and Dad learning togeather something that they will be able to enjoy in each others company the rest of their lives. Aaron's the kind of guy that sees the things that are needed by all his students and jumps in and treats them with respect and understands their feelings and helps them just the way they need. What a great guy to have help you son learn to enjoy your passion for fishing. My sons fishing with me have always a great joy. Congratulations and what a cast!

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
So what name does he go by or prefer for himself. Is he growing out of Matty and going to be just Mat? and look at that smile on the last pic Wow!

·
Dad, Angler, Guide
240 Posts
My son is almost 9 and said to me the other day, Dad I want a fly rod. That was music to my ears. The kid's fished all over the place, but mostly with a spinning rod. I need to get him fly casting. What kind of youth waders are those?

Let me know and thanks, David

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My son is almost 9 and said to me the other day, Dad I want a fly rod. That was music to my ears. The kid's fished all over the place, but mostly with a spinning rod. I need to get him fly casting. What kind of youth waders are those?

Let me know and thanks, David
Music, indeed. We'll be hitting the Yak sooner rather than later. Let me know if your kid wants a fishing buddy.:thumb:
The waders are HERE.
His single hander is HERE. Quite a bargain, and it casts pretty well.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jason,
Looks like you had a great day on the river with your son!
Nice pictures, he looks like a natural.
Jim
Thanks, man. I've been meaning to get in touch about fishing with you again. If we fish on a Saturday, there is a good chance he'll be with me. Let me know when you have the time.
Jason

·
Registered
899 Posts
Way cool! Great pics! I'm taking out my 7yo out this year. He and I are pretty excited. Way to go passing our sort and passions along to the next generation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.