Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
that's His Lordship, to you.....
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In a series of horribly long lines.
on a Thursday? When schools are in session? I ski every day during the week at Stevens, then hit Mission for the weekend: never a line! And since it's only about 35 minutes from my house, I can make sure I get there early enough to get a primo parking place too!

·
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Uhhhh.... tomorrow is Tuesday but guess when one is retired one "T" day is the same as the other. I'm headed out after pheasants up at the top end of the lake.
yeah, you're right Bill...every day is Saturday for me! Does cause some embarrassment from time to time though!

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
every day is Saturday for me!
Weekends are 7 days in duration. "S" days are spent with the Kids, volunteer work, & doing home chores while avoiding crowds in general, but the 5 days in-between are play days. There is one thing that I do miss about working: Nothing.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I skied for fifteen years. Loved it. Was even Ski Patrol for a while. Then at 25 I decided to teach myself to snowboard. Beat the shit out of myself as it was an icy year. Fractured my tailbone, twice. Knocked myself unconscious at least once. It was so much more challenging than skiing, and so much more rewarding. I know for a fact now I'll never voluntarily strap skiis on again until I get too old to board. Then I'll reluctantly have to switch back over.

Reactions: 13223

·
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah, it was a difficult day for me...first, a run up to Stevens, where the snow was adequate but "sparse" in some spots. Since I have a season pass I don't feel like I have to spend the whole day getting the most for my buck, so it was back down valley to Rock Island Golf Course, for 9 holes! Life is difficult under these circumstances, so now, it's "feet up" and a snifter of good cognac for His Lordship here......

·
6,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Man I should start skiing again. I really miss it but the cost is getting a bit too much.
that's why I went into National Ski Patrol; it's even tax deductable! My mother's family is from Val d`Isere in the French Alps, and every now and then, the Patrol would have exchange programs with the Swiss and French Patrols. We'd spend two weeks working with them, learning their methods and stuff, and it was all written off, even when I stayed with family; the restaurant tab was written off. I didn't try to write off the bar tab though.....

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.