Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Action: Open the Columbia River to retention of hatchery steelhead between the Highway 395 Bridge at Pasco and Priest Rapids Dam.

Species affected: Hatchery steelhead.

Effective dates & locations:

* Area 1: Highway 395 upstream to old Hanford townsite wooden powerline towers; Sept. 4-Oct, 31, 2010.

That certainly explains why the "switch" and the 7-wt were on the floor today & out of their nook . . . I know where I'm going in the AM.

·
Registered
377 Posts
well, how did you do?
I put the spey in the truck with all the associated gear, had to work today but tomorrow in the am it's off to the most popular spot on the columbia just below the powerlines.
Any advice besides be early. lol

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Be early as fish seem to bite from first light until about 0900 hrs. River flows also seem to affect the bite at Ringold too. Can be a really good area when conditions are good. I usually limit out there on hatcheries.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yet to make it . . . breezy conditions & other commitments came first. Likely quite breezy up there today. Echo the early & late part and start well back from the water's edge, especially at first light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.