Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I forget to check today's birthdays from time to time. I do like to send greetings out to those I've met or interacted with a bunch here on this fine site. Today I'm not sending it via a PM or a message on the member's profile page.

Happy F-ing Birthday Old Man Jim, and by that I mean Happy Fishing Birthday you old cuss. Hope that you get some fishing in and find some with the size of your big old head and with a feisty fight just like you! Happy 75th.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
:thumb:Congratulations on knockin' out another one Jim!
Here's to many more. (insert favorite libation here):beer1:

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I have been fishing. But all I'm catching is considered bait in Washington. Small fish in the 6" to 8" range. All Browns and one RB thrown in. There has to be some bigger out there. I know as I keep breaking my leader on some.

But thanks to all that know me and to some who don't want to.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
We were talking about you yesterday at the day on the river where I met Fly Bill and a few others. I'm trying to learn something there and they all try to help thank goodness. I've never met you but I'm glad you're aroound so that there's someone older and grouchier than me. Keep hanging inthere Jim and have a good one, at least you're getting out. About all I do besides the spey class is mow the lawn which keeps growing in this warm weather. We may be lucky to have water to fishin before the year's over with no more snow in the nountains. Keep on entertaining the rest of us, and we'll keep listening to your grouching be careful though everyonce in a while you come up with something good.
re getting out

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Well I hope to be around longer. I don't have to worry about cutting the grass as it won't turn green here until about the end of May. Thank goodness for the short growing season.

And the way the fishing is, I won't have to do any useless fishing reports as I keep catching fish. They ain't big but it's action. And for only going out about an hour at a time it's enough to keep me happy. Getting on in years cuts down on the fishing time. Thank goodness every thing is close to home.

·
BAMF
369 Posts
Well I hope to be around longer. I don't have to worry about cutting the grass as it won't turn green here until about the end of May. Thank goodness for the short growing season.

And the way the fishing is, I won't have to do any useless fishing reports as I keep catching fish. They ain't big but it's action. And for only going out about an hour at a time it's enough to keep me happy. Getting on in years cuts down on the fishing time. Thank goodness every thing is close to home.
Nice to hear your actually doin some catchin Old Man.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Hey Very Grouchy Old Man, you said "it's enough to keep me happy." That is the best damn line I've seen you type. Who the hell cares if the fish you are catching are small for even your standards. They are keeping you happy and that is all that should matter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.