Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd post this for folks that have big melons (heads) like myself and have a hard time finding hats that fit.
Once I find a fishing hat that fits properly, I'll wear it until it falls apart.
The one size fits all baseball caps offered by some hat companies is a fallacy and I've returned a number of them over the years.
I get a lot of shit from those that know me about the condition of my current hat, which is it's final stages of disintegration and rather toxic looking. Lots of fishing mojo in that hat though, but time to move on.

I ordered a new hat from this firm last week. Good helpful and quick customer service and had the new hat within three days or so. The hat fit my big noggin well with room to spare.
I have no affiliation with the company. Just putting it out there for folks who have big ass heads and have a hard time finding hats that fit well.
SF

https://www.bigheadcaps.com/

·
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't help you Porter.
I'm on the whole other side of the size spectrum from you.
Maybe there is smallheadcaps.com somewhere on the www. ;)
SF

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Thought I'd post this for folks that have big melons (heads) like myself and have a hard time finding hats that fit.
Once I find a fishing hat that fits properly, I'll wear it until it falls apart.
The one size fits all baseball caps offered by some hat companies is a fallacy and I've returned a number of them over the years.
I get a lot of shit from those that know me about the condition of my current hat, which is it's final stages of disintegration. Lots of fishing mojo in that hat, but time to move on.

I ordered a new hat from this firm last week. Good helpful and quick customer service and had the new hat within three days or so. The hat fit my big noggin well with room to spare.
I have no affiliation with the company. Just putting it out there for folks who have big ass heads and have a hard time finding hats that fit well.
SF

https://www.bigheadcaps.com/
We have something in common. My coworker set aside a special phone headset for me because they don't want me expanding them all.
Thanks for the link. Currently the Simms goretex hat fits well for me.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
This thread stayed on the pavement longer than I thought :D. Surely Seattle still has Milliner's (Mad Hatters) who could stretch one out to fit your plus size noggin? Either that or look for the "one size fits all" models.

·
For him there whould always be the riddle of steel
797 Posts
Going gangsta flat brim? Hope you dropped the Ross relic off @ the hazardous waste department.

c/22

·
14,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Either that or look for the "one size fits all" models.
As I mentioned, one size fits all is a fallacy.
That's like says Simms standard waders will work for a guy with size 17 dogs....
SF

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.