Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I snapped off the top section of the 7wt Chromer switch rod from Redington during a salt water outing and I sent her in along with the entire rod and case.

Did not have proof of purchase / receipt but they said just mail it in with a warranty request form...

It's over a year old so I thought they would just replace the top section....

A week later, a brand new Chromer appeared on my doorstep!

Shiny new ferules, new case, new warranty card and clean new cork = a brand new rod!:cool:

Didn't expect this type of service from Redington....

Thanks Redington!:)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Redington rocks! Awesome value products combined with super customer service! I have a Redington Crosswater rod, a little 8'6" 5 weight, that is a wonderful performing and great looking rod for under $100.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Redington rocks! Awesome value products combined with super customer service! I have a Redington Crosswater rod, a little 8'6" 5 weight, that is a wonderful performing and great looking rod for under $100.
Ah, yes I have the Crosswater 6wt SH package (rod and reel) that I first got when learning how to cast a fly.
Haven't used it for years but now the Crosswater reel is being used on my Redington Hydrogen trout spey rod.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Ah, yes I have the Crosswater 6wt SH package (rod and reel) that I first got when learning how to cast a fly.
Haven't used it for years but now the Crosswater reel is being used on my Redington Hydrogen trout spey rod.
I know lots of folks who claim they don't need to cast more than 40 feet because that's the range where most fish are caught (not to call out anyone, but this is the mantra of Old Man in particular). IMO, it's because most folks can't cast past this distance. HOWEVER, with these casting/fishing distances in mind, a lot of folks could easily be satisfied with the castability and fishability of the Crosswater. Great stick for the money.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, great rod for the money!
I used the Crosswater rod to teach my wife how to cast - very light in the hand and easy to learn especially when I overline the rod with 7wt line.

The Crosswater reel is an inexpensive reel but is perfect to balance my new 4wt trout spey rod lined with a scandi head....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.