Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually that is thriftway on 205th or State HWY 104. .....Shoreline/lake Forrest park area. The gal in charge there is great on getting great fresh beer and the wine selection is damn good too.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
In Washington, do they still sell Beer Beer?? In a half a rack the box was plain white cardboard with the words Beer Beer on the side. I think it was bottled by Sick's Select. Shit, that was a long time ago.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
In Washington, do they still sell Beer Beer?? In a half a rack the box was plain white cardboard with the words Beer Beer on the side. I think it was bottled by Sick's Select. Shit, that was a long time ago.
Not sure but they have another similar to that and I think its in a white can with black letters and says Pub Beer/Ale or something of that nature. The stuff your talking about was only good for a next day gut rot, several trips to the toilet, two fully used rolls of TP , and one red fried ass.....had it once. Once was enough.

·
Beach Bum
1,432 Posts
The variety at the local stores is pretty awesome, I'm on a steady Melvin and Bailbreaker kick. All their stuff is great.

I've got a new bar in the neighborhood called Peaks and Pints, great spot with 30 taps, and full coolers. Grab beer from the cooler to go, or drink it there. Great spot to hit in Tacoma when your coming back from the Kitsap chasing searuns and coho.

When I was growing up in Massachusetts the good beer was either Sam Adam's, Killians, Sierra Nevada, or Long Trail. Today's huge amount of micro brews is outfuckingstanding.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
421 Posts
I think Beer beer was made by the same folks who made Lucky Lager. Sick's select was likely an offshoot of Rainier (the owner's last name was Sick). Surprised the hipster movement hasn't caused Beer beer to return to the shelves.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Not sure but they have another similar to that and I think its in a white can with black letters and says Pub Beer/Ale or something of that nature. The stuff your talking about was only good for a next day gut rot, several trips to the toilet, two fully used rolls of TP , and one red fried ass.....had it once. Once was enough.
Can't stand the good beer, huh. Or how about Mickey's Big Mouth??

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I think Beer beer was made by the same folks who made Lucky Lager. Sick's select was likely an offshoot of Rainier (the owner's last name was Sick). Surprised the hipster movement hasn't caused Beer beer to return to the shelves.
His name was Emil Sick and he owned the team the Seattle Rainiers Baseball team Triple AAA.

When I worked for a living and then fished after work this was about all we drank. Yes, I used to swill beer. But not anymore. Hard liquor or not at all.

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Got to try Utopias yesterday, very different and interesting! 28% ABV! Also drank an Abominable by HUB and a grapefruit IPA from Geaux Brewing (local brewer in Bellevue).

Been drinking mostly stouts and porter's recently, when I not sipping on scotch or bourbon.. Evil Twin's Even More Jesus is really good along with Fremont's Oatmeal Stout, Oscar Blues TenFidy and Abyss... lots of good stuff on tap too, but I can't recall them all..

Reactions: Porter and Bajema
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.