Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my Winston Ibis 8 weight today. Got a brand new reel, new line, the works. Now, all I need are some willing steelies to test the rod out. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough. Where should I go??? And Big props to Dennis Worley and his sidekick Sparkey at Kaufmans bellevue for hook'n me up!

Old man JIm: where you gonna be at in the morning?? lets hook up and slay some fish dude.:smokin YT

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
I need a Frickin' fish too. I was up on the Sauk today. I fished White Creek access, down by the Skagit Park and then just below White creek where it spills into the Sauk. The only thing I had was a slow bump so I set the hook and had a fat rock on for about 3 minutes. I like that section of the Sauk, but I have to try and not set the hook on them boulders. I was throwing GP's and egg sucking leeches. Didn't see any other fisherman until I left and they were gear chuckers up above between 530 bridge and Suiattle(sp) Creek. Don't know where I'll be fishing tomorrow(Tuesday). I am seriously thinking of hitting Reiter ponds. Now that I have Spey casting semi-mastered, I think I can toss something to where I know them winter run are going first. At the very least, it would be a sure test of my Spey abilities. Hell I just don't know anymore, but at least I might hook a gear chucker. Or I could stay home and remodel a bedroom. My oldest moved out and the 14 year old wants to move in.

Undecidedly yours,

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

To whom it may concern:p I'm going to the Sauk with papafish tomorrow and he's picking me up at o'dark thirty
;-) . I don't know where as I didn't ask that way it will be a suprise :) Your more that welcome to see if you can find us as he's driving a light blue MPV I think Mazda makes it but I'm not to sure.

Jim :beer1

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

Went out stopped at the Sauk below Darrington water clear no fish. Went to the Skagit same story. And on the way home stopped at Oso,same story. Sauk and Skagit Gin Clear, The Stilly about 12 inches of visibilty. Other than all that Had a good time.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.