Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking off tomorrow around noon for a week of fishing. Got a two day guided float Fri and Sat north of Bend somewhere, then two days south of Bend where I'm hoping to find the wild Brown population. Then back down to Maupin and floating north with a friend on our toons.

Any advice?

Thanks and will bring back pics!

G

·
I floated from Warm Springs to Trout Creek on Sunday 5/1 and the fly anglers were getting more or less skunked. Of course the gear guys were killing it....

All the locals said pretty much the same thing that it was about two weeks early. you should be just in time for the show.

Tight lines, make sure to post a report.

·
Dumbfounded
10,887 Posts
The Giant Stonefly and golden stone hatches can start any day, if they haven't already... it's all about timing. A lot of folks concentrate on the adult stoneflies but of course stonefly nymph patterns can be much more effective than the dry patterns. If you are obsessed with staying up top, you may want to try a grey caddis.... they are available to the trout for a much longer period of time than the stoneflies so the redsides are always looking for them.

·
B.O.H.I.C.A. bend over here it comes again
588 Posts
We fished the middle section by Eagle Crest resort the beginning of last month. Caught some nice Browns using a stonefly.

·
Dumbfounded
10,887 Posts
The browns are primarily located in the Middle Deschutes with some in the upper sections. I don't remember ever catching a brown in the lower Deschutes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.