Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.oloughlintradeshows.com/ots-shows-sbtt-wa.html

Kicking the doors open at 11am. I'll walk around and drool for a bit. Then I'm going to check out a seminar by Trey Combs; Fly Fishing for Saltwater Salmon. Hopefully I'll be at work by 3. Maybe I'll see ya.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

·
Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
Too bad. I can't work the show tomorrow. But, will be at the show fri/sat/ and sun. Maybe if you make a second trip, you'll see me. Well, I MAY be there tomorrow. But schedule right now says no.

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

You should of hollered. Going tomorrow with mtlhead.Hope to be there to also kick the doors open. It seems to be lately that all I get to do is just walk around and drool. The prices lately have been killing me. Ah,inflation. What would we do with out it.

Jim

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may go on Friday with Connor. That boy is so good, I could take him to a white house dinner and not worry about him. But like any kid, after an hour he would get bored. That's why I'm going in a couple minutes, while he is in school. I'm half tempted to walk around with a name tag that says, "Hello, my name is Mattzoid". About going on the weekend, that's just the ranting of someone in end stage Alzheimer’s.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I really liked this show, which probaly puts me in the minority. I saw Mattzoid, we saw the Trey Combs presentation. Then I watched Skip Morris tie some SRC patterns. I talked with Denny Rickards for bit, hung out with david from Life is but a Dream guide service, super nice guy. I got this flyer in the mail, said if I bring it to the show I get some free stuff. Thinking it would be lame, I hesitated, wrong. I got a free Redington 4X leader, 4 free flies(not the best, but free) and a video that looks pretty interesting. Has Chan, Jack Dennis, Dec Hogan, Morris, Combs, among others. Pretty sweet deal for some free stuff. I got in for 5 bucks, 3 dollars off coupon, used my Seattlite savvyness to find free parking. Not a bad day.YT :smokin

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
I didn't make it to the fly expo but I most definitely got my $5 worth today at the Seattle show. Denny Rickard's talk was my highlight. Also watched a Montana fishing guide demostrate some fancy casting and another fella explain how to choose a good fly for casting to pellet-fed trout (seriously!). Saw Trey Combs as well but wasn't overly impressed. Nice pictures though.

Rod

·
Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
If you're by the Steelheader Boats booth, say HI

I'll be there all day from Fri-Sun. Can't miss me. 6' and 300#'s (told you, have disibility weight to lose LOL). But come on buy, and say "hi". No need to have to talk about cats unless you want to.

Hope to see you there Matt. Would be nice to meet you.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
If you're by the Steelheader Boats booth, say HI

Hey steelheader69. I drooled on the cats, so you might want to get some cleaner and some rags.;) Those are always the nicest cats there. If I go back this weekend I'll look for ya. But I have a date with some rainbows, so we'll see. have fun at the show! :thumb YT

·
Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
Thanks ******

It'd be nice to chat. Now that we've made up. :D

Yeah, they're nice boats. I was really glad Bill asked me to be a talking customer referral. Now alot of people know from looking at them first hand why I say what I do about them. I had the low end boats myself. But, once I saw them, couldn't go back.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks ******

I went both days, Thursday and Friday. Lot of good deals definitely made the trips worthwhile. Seemed like a few folks had stuff on sale just for the show. A cape here, some Argus and Peacock Quills there. Got 1500 yards of gel spun for backing for 70. It runs like 26 for 150 at Ted's. Saw Trey Comb's presentation of fly-fishing in the salt for Salmon. I got him to sign my copy of his Steelheader bible. I went back today with Connor, thinking I'd see him again as he was bringing copies of his new book on saltwater fly-fishing. But he was fighting ferries/traffic and Connor was tired after an hour so we split. I did see Steelheader69 and ******, but I really didn't expect to see to many folks as it is only about a 3% fly-fishing show. Still it was cool and besides the rivers are blown anyway.

Matt

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
Thanks ******

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Went today with Bryan. Yeah he finally woke up. Didn't buy any thing there but I did talk to Steelheader 69 about some fly Tying stuff. Stopped by Outdoor Emporium on way home and got some Stimulators. Got the ones I can't tie. Also saw A good looking pontoon boat that I almost bought.

Jim

·
jabs
1,114 Posts
Thanks ******

Overall for not being a fly fishing specific show I thought it was worth the $5 I paid on Friday night. I got a chance to talk and see Skookum boats and chat with the owner. I also had a chance to meet Steelheader69 but I didn't realize it was you until after I read these posts. Sorry Steelheader69 but I was there on Fri night talking with you and Bill about the pontoons. Overall the show was descent and there were some good deals to be had.

·
Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,781 Posts
I liked the jerkey, petted the Labrador retrievers, looked at the elk heads, listened to Jack Dennis and watched some fly tying.I really liked Carol and Skip Morris's booth and display. Met some old friends and kicked a few tires. Not a bad way to spend the evening.I always like the presentations at these things.There's room for these big shows here as it fills a wider range of interest and needs to have a fly show and general show.A little competition is a good thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.