Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Where are you staying in the dacks? I may have some excellent musky info depending on your location. Do you have cash for a guide. I know one that could get you into some fun fish on Lake Champlain.

Lester,
cds

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you staying in the dacks? I may have some excellent musky info depending on your location. Do you have cash for a guide. I know one that could get you into some fun fish on Lake Champlain.

Lester,
cds
I'll be near Tupper Lake. I don't have the cash for a guide, but lucky for me I'm staying with my dad, who is a full time musky nut. Thanks a bunch for the offer, though. As far as the trout game goes, I'm probably going to hit a local fly shop, buy some leaders and a fistful of flies, ask a few questions, and just drive around with a map. I reckon that would be trout fishing at it's very best, no?:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
The neat thing with Northern NY musky's is that they can be taken on the fly. The couple times that i fished them right before I moved it seemd like you were fishing the amazon. Good luck. Take pictures.

cds

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The neat thing with Northern NY musky's is that they can be taken on the fly. The couple times that i fished them right before I moved it seemd like you were fishing the amazon. Good luck. Take pictures.

cds
Yep. My dad has gotten more than a few, and he only fly fishes for them. That's how he describes it as well. Many photos will be taken.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Jason, you dog! While you're knee deep in NY muskies I'll be hunting and pecking on Mayfield. Going to see Mike on Sunday for flies and locations. All fish aside- fishing with Dad is going to be PRICELESS! Might hook with Trent up there and trolling around in his boat so we might get lucky. Have a great time, your dad's taking your advice and is taking a kid fishing, Ha

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jason, you dog! While you're knee deep in NY muskies I'll be hunting and pecking on Mayfield. Going to see Mike on Sunday for flies and locations. All fish aside- fishing with Dad is going to be PRICELESS! Might hook with Trent up there and trolling around in his boat so we might get lucky. Have a great time, your dad's taking your advice and is taking a kid fishing, Ha
Say hi to Mike, and let me know how you guys do.
j

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.