Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been a few years since I have fished for Steelhead and that was all on the Snake and Grand Ronde. I'm heading up to the Methow next week to try out my steelheading luck now that I live on this side of the state.

Any anyone suggest places to go on the river or any of the local tributaries? What specific strategies are used there as apposed to what I was used to on the Ronde. ANy fly suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

·
Indi Ira
9,505 Posts
I fished this weekend, and yes there are areas of the river that are busy but I certainly found water with easy access that noone touched or bothered with. So if you want to head out on your own and be by yourself, you can. Granted most areas of the river are producing about nothing accept for the occassional cut, white fish, sucker, small chinook or rainbow. You can find some fish though but fishing is slow. Nymphs are a good choice as are egg patterns. I did well in comparison but there was no good fly. I did see a swinger land one on a black articulated leech right in water that I had been nymphing through.

Good luck.

Ira..

·
Banned
80 Posts
The first week or Mid october is generally when i start fishing it. I generally do really good. I normally use a #6 black articulated leach that i tie. Stick to the darker flies in mid day but fish pink in the mornings. When you see the 2 foot riffle areas, fish those! Dont just walk on by. Good luck

Jake

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.