Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Hello New Year, Hello Baby, Goodbye Fishing (for a little while...)

1K views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  Eric Tarcha 
#1 ·
Hi All, meet my little man, Graham Aleksander Tarcha, Born Dec. 29th, weighing in at a healthy 9 lbs 4 ozs!

Mom and baby are doing well and Dad is friggin beat....

Being a Dad is pretty awesome, what a way to start off the New Year.

BTW, he loves the sound of running water, which I hope bodes well for his fishing future. :thumb::thumb:

#7 ·
Congratulations again! Great work Mom and Graham. Now dad, it is time to get to work. You are not close to beat yet my friend. I'll look forward to fishing with you again soon, even if we have to take turns casting as the other holds the little angler while Mom gets some rest at home. Fishing time might dwindle a bit, but you'll appreciate the outings even more and you'll enjoy what is keeping you from fishing more often.

#8 ·
Congrats!

My daughter was born this last July and I thought fishing was gone for me too, but the Mrs. was understanding and allowed for some "me" time once in a while. The key is to explain to her you can better assist her when you have a clear head and the only thing that seems to clear your head is some time on the water. Good luck! :thumb:

#12 ·
Congratulations and enjoy every momment, the moments all go too fast. Glad you are all doing well

#15 ·
Congrats Eric, and enjoy every moment. You'll find that offering your wife brief period of unexpected time to herself (ie: watch the little guy for a few hours so she can relax/shower/nap/see friends) will pay great dividends in getting you time on the water.

#16 ·
Congratulations. Mine arrived on 7/3/9. I was hoping my wife could hold out for another 5 days, I was really hoping for a birthday of 7/8/9! I haven't fished since then, but I've tied a lot of flies and am looking forward to a trip to Calgary in April of this year and hopefully some other excursions as well. The do grow up quick. In just 6 months, I'm amazed at the differences. He's already feeding himself with his own spoon (granted well over half gets painted on his face, but it's progres).

#18 ·
I have three young boys (aged 4, 2 and 2...yes two of them are twins). This certainly puts a crimp in personal time for fishing and other activities, but in a few years it will actually reverse. My boys will become an excuse for me to buy a drift boat and spend a day or two most weekends fishing with them. I already have my sales pitch to my wife worked out:

"Honey, do you think it'd be OK if I spend $10,000 on a row boat for fishing?"

"Did you smoke your lunch today?

"Dearest, imagine if you will: It's Saturday. I take the boys out of the house from 7AM to 7PM to go fishing. But we need a boat to do that. Now imagine that scenario repeating every weekend."

"I see... OK, you can have $15,000."

Nature tends to balance things out like that. Hang in there, don't let the sleepless nights and endless crying get to you, and patiently look forward to some great times ahead.

#19 ·
Congrats!
Our bundle of joy will be 6 this week.
My wife was not getting much sleep in the first few months and I generously offered to cover the 'night shift', (with the help of bottles!) on Fridays and Saturdays thus, was awake at an early hour....perfect for getting out on the river at first light!....win/win.
Enjoy.

#21 ·
Congratulations Eric! Nice lookin' kid too, must take after his mom..lol!
I see, in your 2nd pic, that he already has a classic red & white bobber toy, errr...float toy..ah...indicator toy...whatever! Make sure that a good number of his toys tie in with fishing, you can stack the deck in your favor and guarantee a fishing buddy/son for life. Kinda like brain-washing, but in a GOOD way:thumb:

Congratulations also to your wife, who did all the hard work.....

LB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.