Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

First post after a while lurking. Since it is free fishing weekend, my girlfriend had actually agreed to go fishing with me this weekend. I of course have my license, but my hope is to convince her that fishing is so much fun that she should get one too. Probably looking at fishing a lake rather than moving water, but I'm open to rivers/streams. I'll be fly fishing, she'll probably be using my spin rod with a float. I'm looking for a place that satisfies the following criteria, and would love some advice.

1. Within about an hour and a half drive from Renton
2. Willing to hike in 2-3 miles
3. Hopefully decent shore casting room for me, if not I'll have to practice my roll cast :)
4. Fairly decent chance of her catching a couple trout

Probably a lot to ask, but I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'd love to show her that fishing isn't just sitting on a lawn chair with a rod stuck in the ground and a beer in your hand.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I have my eye on Rattlesnake, but I'm afraid it will be a little crowded. I guess most places will be. I'm also looking at Ashland lakes right now, or maybe Lost Lake. Anyone else who might want to chime in? :)

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'd consider Packwood.

It's an easy but gorgeous hike and the view once you reach the lake is breathtaking. Every girl I've ever taken there was so flushed with romance that they nailed me on the spot.

(OK, I haven't actually taken any women there. But you can imagine if I had o_O).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.