Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking applications for the following positions which will be available next spring. Signing up early will help in the final selection of personnel. We will be taking a school bus and towing a large trailer for the gear. How long we will be in Wyoming is anybody's guess. We will be leaving as soon as ice is off the river.

Needed: Chef, sous chef, fry cook, dishwashingperson, waiters (2),
wine steward, beer tapperson, cartographer, guitar player, harmonica players (2), accordianist, fly tyers (3), footpersons (2), chauffeurs (2), oiler, pet manager, dog handler, parrot supervisors (2), toughs (4), bozos (3), prizefighters (2), ruffians (6), and assorted others for jobs as assigned. State qualifications and give references.

Note: as soon as word arrives that the river is starting to melt, we will hold a week long seminar in job descriptions, duties, chain of command, etc. This will probably be held on the Bainbridge ferry or some other suitable place

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Well Bob,

Let's see here. We can definately get Chris as a prize fighter since he is a former Golden Gloves Champion. I could work as a tough or a ruffian. I know how to do some Karate Kicks that I learned from watching Bruce Lee movies and I am proficient in the art of mad dogging and taking punches.

I play the guitar and Harmonica at the same time. I would recommend Sparse Grey Hackle as the fly tyer DW as chauffer. Papafish as head Chef (he just looks like he can cook). Jbrodie as the dishwashingperson that way he can work closely with and help supervise the dropping of ashes from Papafishs' cigars into our food. (adds to the flavor) Jim definately needs to handle the parrots he could also moonlight as a Bozo. Mattzoid needs to be the Dog Handler. He has a pooch that he's got trained to do the dishes and all kinds of other handy things. It even cleans up after itself. Mtlhead should be one of the toughs with me because everyone knows that people with red hair get in way more fights than the average joe. So you know he's got to have a few good brawls under his belt. I think that Luv2spey should be the wine steward. He just looks like a wine expert. I think ****** should be the School Bus driver. He has bus driving in his blood. He's graduated from riding on the "short bus" to driving one and now I believe he is working on his "Big Bus" CDL. XstreamAngler definately needs to be the beer tap person. Those are all of my suggestions for now.

MacRowdy

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm a little uncertain about this outfit but I'll throw in with ya as a camp cooky (for purposes of this position you can call me "Burny"). I can take whatever you boys bring into camp, throw it in a dutch oven and have it come out a food.
Roll Cast :EEK :SHOCKED :YUM

"Rules, there ain't no rules around here!
We're trying to accomplish something!"
J. Belushi

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Bob, I am the most qualified for the job, look no farther. I am not talking about my eight years in the Army or twelve years as a licensed nurse. I am all those things you require because I have taken my seven kids, their friends, dogs, cats, wives and anything else not tied down, on camping trips, several times a year.

The logistics of moving 9 to 12 people to live in the dirt, and return safely home, is enough to drive most men insane. I can do it Bob.

Two cars, one 4x8x8 trailer (usually filled to the brim), three tents (10 man for the kids, 4 man for adults and a crapper because little girls can’t use an outhouse), three propane tanks (to run lamps, heaters and two cook stoves), eight 55 gallon snap top containers (containing dry goods, utensils for 12, cook ware, gas appliances, etc.) Not mention rolling stock (bikes, scooters, skateboards, etc.) Fishing equipment and sleeping bags with mattresses for 12. This is just a glimpse of what I have to bring.

Once we have assumed a position, we set up a perimeter and I throw up our little town in two hours. Ready to feed, sleep or crap 12 people at any given moment. When I have finished usually half the campground has gathered to see my performance. The other half is packing it up and getting the hell out of Dodge. These are the smart ones thinking they might find another campground before they fill up for the weekend.

My references are my children. It usually takes surgery to remove the smiles from their faces, weeks later.

Of course I may be a little over qualified to run your camp. I would be willing to take a cut in pay because it would be worth taking a break.

Respectfully Yours,

Matt

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Silly rabbit...

...you forgot one very important job! The film crew! As someone who has lifelong photojournalisitic experience, I volunteer to document this monumental undertaking. This event should be documented on quality 35mm and video. If there is some techie out there, we could set up a website with streaming video from location via sattelite. The fans will go wild!

Can I go? Can-I-can-I-can-I, huh?

Roper

·
Registered
515 Posts
With an expedition of this magnitude and importance, I think we should consider getting a sponsor. Duff Beer comes to mind. I'll get right on it.

db

"If I don't catch them today, I'll catch them another day." Art Flick

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Silly rabbit...

I promise I will never misspell equipment again. But I am liable to misspell other words.

Anyway, I will wear my famous red wool pants and Hemingway "chick magnet" sweater. Just ask ****** about them. They are REAL cute.

So PLEASE can I carry your camera Schtuff?

MacRowdy :AA

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
Ok, Matzoid got it right, I can cook, didn't know you tell by lookin' at me though!
I'll cook but I don't do dishes!! and nobody better complain about those tasty cigar ashes either...
I can also ride along with cutthroat to the drive through liquor stores and fried chicken joint's....just to keep him headed in the right direction of course!
I'm purty sure north is that N thingy on the compass?
LB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.