Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inherited a couple rods, figured there might be a couple of you who could help with identifying them. Planning on bringing them to the local sports consignment shop unless they mean something to somebody.

First up is a 3 piece bamboo with extra tip section. Came in a brown cloth rod sock. Length 9'
Wood Natural material Writing implement Metal Art

Wood Asphalt Rectangle Automotive tire Road surface

Wood Rectangle Plant Font Musical instrument

Second is a 2 piece, not sure of blank material. Came in a plaid rod sock. Length 7' 6"
Wood Fashion accessory Writing implement Metal Natural material

Writing implement Office supplies Musical instrument Publication Wood

Writing implement Publication Office supplies Font Pencil

Any help would be greatly appreciated, here's a bow I caught this week as a thank you for checking in
Organism Fish Scaled reptile Close-up Lizard

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Looks like a Sport King, sold by Montgomery wards. Built by either Montague or Horrocks Ibbotson. Probably not worth a lot. 50 or less would be my guess. Did you inherit them from somebody that it would be worth keeping them?

I think Porter is right. Golden gate was a Wright and McGill rod. Looks like fiberglass.

If you want more info, the classic fly rod forum can help with the bamboo, and the fiberglass fly riders can help with the others. They’re good with history and values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.